Being healthy can mean a lot of things. This can mean that you regularly exercise in order to maintain a toned a fit body, you have an extensive diet that you follow, or drink vitamins to get that extra nutrients that we do not get from food alone.
Sometimes, when we think of healthy, we only think about the physical aspect of it. We tend to forget that we have to keep our minds healthy too as well. Our brain is the most important part of our body after all. So what can we do to make sure that we have a healthy brain? Here are a few examples:
- Eat foods that are great for the brain such as whole grains, green leafy vegetables, fish like salmon and tuna, berries, and avocado
- Stay physically active
- Do games that can challenge your mind like puzzles or even video games
- Always try to learn something new
- Do not forget to relax every now and then
- Read as much as you can
- Take brain supplements
Brain supplements, or what they call nootropics, have been made available in order to enhance the function of our brain. It gives us an extra boost and will help us reach our brain’s full potential.
It can help us focus more on our work, lifts our mood and stress levels, improve our memory, and helps keep us energized throughout the day. As much as we eat the right food, it will not be enough. When it comes to choosing the best brain supplement, you would have to consider what you want to achieve when you take them.
Do you want better concentration? Enhanced memory? Or improved mood? Or all of it? There are many different brands that provides some if not all of these benefits. A great option is Jarrow Formulas Methyl B12.
Methyl B12 is a #1 best seller on Amazon in the category of Vitamin B12 Supplements. It is from the Los Angeles, Californa based company Jarrow Formulas who aims to provide high quality, superior nutritional supplements.
This supplement’s main ingredient Methyl B12 is the best type of Vitamin B12 as it can be absorbed easily in the body. This supplement has a lot more features to discuss. To know more about them, here is a list:
- Maintains brain health
- Helps enhance mood
- Protects nerve tissues and brain cells
- 60 cherry flavored chewable lozenges
- Comes in two more flavors: lemon and tropical
- Helps improve sleeping habits
- Keeps you energized
- Contains the following ingredients: Methylcobalamin (Methyl B12), natural cherry flavor, stearic acid (vegetable source), Xylitol, cellulose, silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate (vegetable source)
- Contains 5000 micrograms per lozenge
- Promotes healthy homocysteine levels, active coenzyme form, and neurotransmitter and neuron support
Pros and Cons
Methyl B12 certainly has a lot of features that we can sure benefit from. Below is a list of positive qualities this supplement has that can possibly convince you to purchase it:
- It is a herbal supplement that can be used as a remedy for a number of diseases such as Bell’s palsy, diabetic neuropathy, sleeping disorders, and can be an effective treatment for anemia
- Can be consumed by vegans
- Makes the body and mind alert
- Keeps your stress levels low
- Enhanced energy levels and mental focus
- The main ingredient, Methyl B12, is the most effective kind of Vitamin B12 because the body absorbs it easily
- Keeps you awake and alert the whole day
- No gluten, dairy, egg, wheat, soybeans, shellfish an and fish, sugar, and nuts
- The cherry-flavored lozenge tastes great
- Reasonable price
- It is caffeine-free
- Can act as a great anti-depressant
- Having the lozenge dissolve in your mouth can make your body absorb the vitamin better
No product is perfect. No matter what type of product it is and what brand it is, there are still some qualities that some people may not find appealing. This is due to our differences in preferences and experience with the product. Below is a list of cons the Methyl B12 has:
- The lozenge takes up quite a while to dissolve so you may end up chewing it which reduces the absorption of the vitamin
- In can cause side effects on some people like mild headaches to migraines, shortness of breath, hard time of falling asleep, and hearing problems
- Does not show significant effects on some people
- Leaves a chalky aftertaste that some people may not find pleasant
- Some people find the lozenges to be too big and uncomfortable to be left to dissolve under the tongue
Taking care of ourselves and ensuring that we are healthy both physically and mentally is very important. When it comes to health, it does not only mean that we have rocking abs and a well-toned body. It also means that we have a healthy mind.
As we all know, the brain is the most important part of the body because it is the organ that makes us function. In order to take good care of our brain, it is advisable to stay physically fit, read as much as you can, have a well-balanced diet, play games like puzzles or even video games, keep our mind active, and to never stop learning.
There is another way to unsure our brain’s health and that is by taking brain supplements. Brain supplements have become very popular throughout the years because it enhances our brain’s functions.
It keeps us focus in school or at work, it boosts our mood and stress levels, keeps us energized throughout the day, help us improve our memory and concentration, and it even works as a remedy for a number of diseases. When choosing a brain supplement, it is important that you consider a number of things: its ingredients, your needs, and the price.
A great option is the Methyl B12 from Jarrow Formulas. It has a lot of great qualities that you can surely benefit from and just like any other product, some downsides too. Just make sure to keep an open mind when selecting the best product for you.